If you haven’t heard of The Fly Lady, you should really check out her website. I use a lot of her ideas and tips – this is one that I’ve only slightly modified.
The issue I always had with cleaning the bathroom was keeping the chemicals in a place that was safe from my kids and didn’t take up valuable bathroom space. This meant cleaning the bathroom was a huge job, because I had to find the chemicals and bring them from room to room. Translation: Bathrooms were
not rarely clean. Enter the “Swish & Swipe.” My version of the Swish & Swipe goes something like this:
- Buy Glass Cleaning Wipes.
- Buy any toilet bowl brush and holder you like (you probably already have one)
- When you go into your bathroom first thing in the morning, grab a glass cleaning wipe and wipe down your mirror, counters, and sink.
- Grab the hand soap and squirt a few pumps of hand soap into the toilet.
- Scrub the toilet bowl (this should be more like a gently swish, since you do this regularly).
- Wipe the back of the toilet bowl, lid, and seat with the cleaning wipes you used in the first steps.
That’s it. It’s really easy. I clean my kid’s bathroom when they are in the bathtub using the same method. Of course, this is not the same as a good old-fashioned bathroom cleaning, but it helps to do this every day or so in between cleanings.
To find out more about The Fly Lady, and to read the real version of the “Swish & Swipe,” visit her website.