I recently made this Primal Banana Bread to take with us on vacation. I wanted my kids to have something similar to the other non-paleo food choices, in hopes they would choose this instead. They did…mostly!
This is probably the best banana bread I have ever had…grain-free, gluten-free, primal, paleo, or even the regular gluten and sugar filled versions. I’m sure you could make this into muffins as well, but I sliced this and then cut it into sticks (which was kinda fun too)!
Recipe: Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Coconut Flour Banana Bread Loaf
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted *or 1/2 cup melted grass-fed butter
1/4 cup grade b maple syrup
6 ripe mashed bananas
1. Preheat oven to 325•F
2. Combine wet ingredients in your blender (love my Blendtec!) food processor, or kitchen aide.
3. Pour wet ingredients into large bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix with hand mixer.
5. Pour into one large loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans.
6. Bake at 325• for 60-75 minutes for large loaf, 40 minutes for two smaller.
Oven temperatures and cooking times really vary. This recipe does brown quite a bit (I guess because there are a lot of bananas?), so be sure to check for doneness with a knife or toothpick. Mine looked fairly brown and was still mushy in the middle at first check.